TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Sunday, May 2, 2010

ENGLISH MANIA ... click on link for an interesting FACT

YES! The English language is becoming this planet's second language. Two billion people speak it. And the country that is fast becoming the first in English speakers is  ... China!
The buzz word now connected to the learning of this language is OPPORTUNITY.
So for today's listening, I'm suggesting this link. The speaker is Jay Walker and you will enjoy listening to him. He speaks clearly and at a normal speed. He is easy to understand.
So if you want to keep your English teacher let me know!
For I may jump on the bandwagon of opportunity myself 
and apply for a teaching job in China! ;)


4 comments:

Huguette said...

Hi! Suzanne

When I went to China, it must be admitted that we looked for to find people who spoke English and they were rare. Chinese people learn English but they don't speak it.

If you decide to apply for a teaching job in China wait after July because we are an appointment for immersion camp in Laurentides. Don't forget to find a very good substitute teacher for September;)

Suzanne said...

Hi! Huguette,
Great to hear from you!

So while you were in China, you looked to find some English speaking Chinese people without success. That was not what it seemed like when I watched the video. But last night on The Amazing Race, the competitord were in Shanghai and they couldn't find anyone either.

As for teaching there I've also heard of some 'horror' stories. I was joking of course! I don't think I could be isolated for a long period of time!!!

This week I'm heading off to Lac Quesnel. I'm really looking forward to being there for the five up-coming months and especially to the immersion experience.

Hope to hear from you again.

Suzanne

Huguette said...

Hi! Suzanne

I am always happy to read you.

China is beautiful for a trip but I wouldn't stay there. I saw an extreme poverty and the governement spend a lot of money to hide it.
Last week, I read that parents attach their children at wall while they are at work. They can't pay for a day-care assistant. It's unfortunate.

Take advantage of the magnificent place that are the Laurentides.

Suzanne said...

WOW! Huguette,
So it's true that they do hide a lot. There were so many comments during the Olympics.
How extreme is tying up your children to a wall!!! ... so horrific when you think of the long term damage that is done ... child abuse and cruelty.
It makes me sad to hear that. No wonder so many men and women want to adopt!

On a happier note, I'm smiling at the thought of the Laurentians.

Suzanne ;)