TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh!!! Those 'darn' computers and the ones that 'use' them .



COMPUTER TECH PHONE CALLS

Here are actual calls to computer technical support reps.
WARNING ...
They are meant to be laughted at. 
Please don't take them personally,
because we have all been through some of these situations, right!
Remember those good old days and laugh!!!
The lesson 'derrière' these dialogues is 
to understand the language used.
The informal language with its contractions, 
expressions and idioms.


Customer: I'm trying to connect to the Internet with your CD, but it just doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
Tech support: OK, you've got the CD in the CD drive, right?
Customer: Yeah....
Tech support: And what sort of computer are you using?
Customer: Computer? Oh no, I haven't got a computer. It's in the CD player and all I get is weird noises. Listen.....
Tech support: Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!


Tech support: What kind of computer do you have
Customer: A white one...



Tech support: Are you sure you used the right password?
Customer: Yes, I'm sure. I saw my colleague do it.
Tech support: Can you tell me what the password was?
Customer: Five stars.

  
Customer: I have a huge problem. 
A friend has placed a screen saver on my computer, 
but every time I move the mouse, it disappears.






Tech support: How may I help you?
Customer: I'm writing my first e-mail.
Tech support: OK, and what seems to be the problem?
Customer: Well, I have the letter 'a' in the address, 
                     but how do I get the circle around it?





So as the language used in a very popular advertisement 
a few years ago when it also became a slogan:

You've come a long way, Baby!!

                                       ;)  Suzanne



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes thoses company or somes customers...I have a gaming company and i have to answer the tech support e-mails. Let me think,,, I get a lot of this:Customers: I need help!!!??? Me:Ok, could you tell me in detail what is your problem?
Customers:I bought your game but i cannot find it on my phone?
Me: Which Game please?
Customer: xxxxxnnnn
Me: Ok did you download it on your phone?
Customers: I think so??!!
and so on so...
Life is funny hein!:)
Love your blog, put a smile on my face.
Mel