TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Saturday, December 17, 2011

A mother-in-law's unexpected Christmas visit!!! With a SURPRISE ending!!



Good Day! To all of you,
Today it's nice and sunny, a bit windy too. Much better than rainy and gloomy! Especially if you are running around shopping with all those crasy people! Doesn't anybody work anymore??
I have attached a little Christmas joke, it is a very stereotypical one at that. I know that some of you ladies are mother-in-laws, but it's really to put some laughter into your day. ENJOY!
Suzanne  


"The doorbell rang this morning.
I thought it might be Santa,
as I was speaking about him
to my little niece just at that moment.
You know, the expression,
“ Speak of the devil !

Well when I opened the door,
there ‘he’ stood dressed as my mother-in-law !
She was standing on the front steps.
She said, 'Can I stay here for a few days?'
I answered, ‘Sure you can '

 Then I shut the door."


* Speak of the devil! is the short form of the idiom "Speak of the devil and he doth appear". It is used when an object of discussion unexpectedly   becomes present during the conversation.
  En parlant du loup    (au Québec) 

No comments: