TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Wednesday, April 25, 2012

OLDER PEOPLE ARE HAPPIER, what have you observed?



OLDER PEOPLE ARE HAPPIER.


Hey! How are you this morning! I haven’t written anything in a while, just taking a break from ESL classes. My winter tires DO NEED to come off and summer ones back on!! ;)
I have had quite a busy winter session with many classes and many students. I’m relishing a well deserved break. I’m happy and very satisfied with the results and I’m already looking forward to the Fall session. YES! I AM!!



So for today’s post I’m still taking a break I’m sending you to TED.com where you can listen to Laura Carstensen  give a very short ‘talk’ on how older people have a more positive outlook on life’s reality. Something to think about and observe about yourself or others. 
To link up with the talk, just click here. This is the introduction to the talk:

" In the 20th century we added an unprecedented number of years to our life spans, but is the quality of life as good? Surprisingly, yes! At TEDxWomen psychologist Laura Carstensen shows research that demonstrates that as people get older they become happier, more content, and have a more positive outlook on the world."


Have a good listen and I'll get back to you about it ... 
 Thinking of you!

Suzanne  


No comments: