TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A TOUCHING STORY ABOUT FAMILY

We all have our own 'definitons' of FAMILY.
We also have our own EXPERIENCE of familly.
Here is the first from Wiktionary:
 A father, mother and their sons and daughters;
 also called nuclear family
Now here a more general and 'modern' definition:
A group of people related by blood, marriage, law, or custom.
 
In Diane's text that follows you will find another definition
and also Diane's EXPERIENCE of family
which puts the HEART into the definition.
Enjoy!
Suzanne
 

 
I’m not going to speak about my wedding or
 when my sons or my grandchildren were born. 
No! My title is : FRIDAY THE 13th, SEPTEMBER 1963.

 My parents wanted four children.  Ten months after their wedding, they had my sister.  In those days everyone around them counted!  Ouf, it was OK.  Four years and half later, I arrived!  But after perfection, ooops me… nothing. Nine years later, they decided to adopt another girl.  They followed the procedure and the HAPPY day arrived: Friday the 13th! They had to choose a baby to adopt and they came back home with her.

They were in Nicolet.  It was inside the hospital and the crèche had a maximum of 22 babies.  They had selected five before for my parents arrived.  The babies were sitting in highchairs with pretty dresses on.  But one baby was on the floor, only wearing a camisole.  She had a sore throat and a runny nose.  My parents saw her and at that moment said “That’s our girl!” Johanne became my sister.

While this was happening, I was at school.  After class, I went to my friend’s.  I must have called home every fifteen minutes.  Finally my father answered!  I could go home and see my sister for the first time.  We lived in Victoriaville.  I had my bicycle.  I had to take a street, because there was a crescent, I had to pass through a field on a little path and finally to my backyard.  The kitchen had a Bay Window and I saw the highchair with a little head on the side.  I pedaled faster and faster and I rode up the hill.

I can’t tell you how much that day meant for me, I can only tell you that I tried to go up that hill many times after that day and I never ever succeeded again.
 

 

No comments: