TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Sunday, November 16, 2014

Letters between Student and Teacher


NOTE to the reader: This email was written by a student after receiving a letter from her teacher: "Words of Support". You can read this letter BELOW (posted below).

 From :  (STUDENT) Sylvie F.
To: (TEACHER) Suzanne Lord

 Hi Suzanne,

I think that you read in my mind. Last Wednesday, I was a little bit discouraged about my progress in English. I think that I did few steps but I must do many many steps to speak without mistakes and fluently.
I read the letter you sent us, this letter helped me. I'll keep in mind my personal objectives, it's not easy because I'm hurry. I would like to tell you thank you for the link "prepositions". I began to read the document, it’s very interesting...

 *  This is my answer:  
From : Suzanne Lord
To : Sylvie F.

HELLO there... SYLVIE! 

Thanks for your feedback!
As you said:” I read (rèd) your mind.”
In a way it’s true but I must admit
that over the years I have observed
my students' learning curve.
So from my observations and experience
I knew that it was the time to send this letter. 

I think that you are a great student!
I'm sure something will happen soon
and you will be really surprised!!

Keep up your great work!!
Your proud teacher,

SUZANNE

 

No comments: