TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Monday, March 14, 2016

A WELL MET CHALLENGE!!!

A WELL MET CHALLENGE!
WELL CHOSEN words!!!
for JULIE'S hard-working skills!!
Why do you ask?
Well Julie is a student that was 'parachuted' into
the intermediate group  after only one session as a beginner.
Because I had to close this group and didn't want her
 to lose what she had invested time and moneywise

 I suggested that she 'graduate' rapidly.
I also did the same for Lynda L. her then classmate.
 BOTH are doing fine!!!
 
Here is Julie's adventure story!!
with a few tweaks from the teacher...;)
 
________________________________________________
 
  AN UNLUCKY SITUATION
 Three summers ago, my family and I went on vacation to Ontario. We always like to go camping every summer with our caravan (trailer home).
 
On one day, while we were there, we went to Marineland and after to Red Lobster’s, my favourite restaurant. After dinner we returned to the campground. On the way there, the police arrested me because I was driving too fast. I didn’t know that the speed limit in Ontario was lower than in Québec. Normally I’m not nervous but this time I realized that I didn’t have my driver’s license.
“Oh! Oh! I’m in trouble!” I said to myself.
 The police officer, mmmm…, the ‘big’ police officer walked towards my car with an angry face. I said, “Sorry! My husband drank a lot and I wasn’t supposed to drive. So I don’t have my permit with me. So sorry!”
The officer said nothing and returned to the patrol car. He took a long time and when he came back, he said, “Because you are a very responsible person, I’m going to give you a ticket of 46$ instead of 246$” I responded by thanking him so very much.
When we arrived at the campsite we saw my cousin and he had been waiting for us to come back. The awning of our trailer had been broken by the wind.
 My husband’s reaction was to exclaim,”TABARNAC!” Something he never says.
Right now as I am writing this and thinking back, it makes me laugh but at that time, it wasn’t so funny.
 
  GOOD JOB, Julie!!!
 I’m really glad that you took the challenge! 


 

Ù Campground is the place (all the sites)                   Ù Campsite is where you park your trailer
 
  
 
 

3 comments:

Suzanne said...



GREAT JOB!!!
Julie, I'm really glad that you took the challenge.
You should be really proud of yourself and your commitment!!!
Your teacher is proud also!!! SUZANNE

Anonymous said...

Hello Suzanne! I'm writing now a post on Facebook who said: " I'm sad because it was my last english class this morning with a fabulous gang and the best teacher". So...Thank you!!! I really liked our conversations, games, grammar lesson, improvisations etc.
Julie xxx

Suzanne said...


WELL right back at you JULIE:
"THanks for being you! And being the best student
and the best classmate".
Your second grade students are so so SOOOO Lucky to have you!!
I bet your are the best 'MOM' and the best Partner!

SUZANNE XXXX