TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Saturday, March 3, 2018

Well HELLO there!
I'm back and this time
I'm going to introduce you to NORMAN.
He is an advanced student and he is the  winner of
 the 'Enter and Win Your Dictionary' contest.
 This past fall, the contest was open to all students
 from every level of English.
The subject of the entry was a written text
 in which each student had to tell
the Committee (formed for the occasion)
why HE or SHE should be the student
 to win their Longman learner's dictionary.

 They also had to promote this very handy learning tool
as their NEW 'English' BEST FRIEND.
The winner would win their dictionary (35$) and
 their text would be published on my blog.
 
Well here it is finally!

THE WINNER’S ENTRY LETTER
________________________________

Dear committee members,

There could be many reasons to enter this contest to win my Longman dictionary. It could be because this book is so thick that I could step on it to grab something too high and out of reach. It’s so heavy that I can put it on the bottom of the door to keep it open. Or use it as a weapon in case of a sudden attack or to even knock someone out.
Maybe I could use it as a dumbbell to develop my muscles. Put it on my desk as a paperweight. Use it on my little granddaughter’s chair to lift her up when she’s eating with us.

I could use my Longman for all those reasons and many others but I won’t… I’d rather use my Longman for the inside of it.

Zilch, awry, havoc, ravenous, nurture, eavesdrop… These words have something in common: I didn’t know of their existence before I randomly selected them in my dictionary. Of course, it’s good to learn new words but it’s even better to know the meaning of them. My Longman will handle it. It will give me the first meaning of the word and even more.

I certainly have a lot to learn about the English language. Therefore, from now on, this book will be my friend. Till I speak fluent English and even after, the Longman dictionary will always help me to get the right words. And maybe sometimes, I’ll use it as a paperweight.
~ William Shakespeak
___________________________________________
 
CONGRATULATIONS to you!!
Your touch of humour was certainly
 a winning factor!!!
Looking forward to reading more from you.
 
SUZANNE
 
NOTE: I would like to THANK YOU Lynn and Marilou
for helping me to select this winning entry and
taking the time to read all the 30 entries.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me too I love Emma
Coollllll