TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Thursday, January 20, 2011

WHAT'S UP ?


WHAT'S UP ?
… is a modern way of asking
"What are you doing?" or "What are you up to?"
Actually it's a salutation and
 you don't necessarily have to 
answer but you CAN also,
especially if the person saying it 
is actually asking you
and is genuinely interested in knowing
"What have you been doing recently?" or
"What has been happening in your life recently?"

FOR ME, these days, I've been particularly busy with organizing the new ESL groups that will start on February 1st. It's not an easy task trying to satisfy everybody's needs. Everyone mentioned here being: YOU and ME and UTA.
Your needs as a student, what you are expecting, what you want, where you are with your basic knowledge of the language, your time or your time requirements.
As a teacher I need to pursue what I have already started with students, my pedagogical needs and getting groups to interact because of their level of English and to welcome all the new students and inquire about their backgrounds.
 And last but not least, the criteria that has been established by our regional organism of UTA; that is their requirements of a 'first come , first serve' basis. Then there is  the availability of locals and classrooms that play into the schedule.
So as you can see there is a lot going on BEHIND THE SCENE!!! And that is why today I am sharing this with you because I may not be as available as I was to write on my blog. But don’t worry, when the ball gets rolling there will be enough ‘going on’ that it will feed this blog!!


THAT IS WHAT’S UP!!!

Suzanne

1 comment:

Huguette said...

Hi! Suzanne,

I am always interested to read you. Your subjects are various and they encourage myself to look for on the internet and to go reading about the subject. I finished my autumn session at Cegep and I worked very hard but I am proud because I passed the intermediary course with 85 pourcent. I finished to read my first English book (170 pages). I have been very busy with my mother and my healthy but I try to watch in English at least two hours a day.

I find damage that there is not a course just to speaking because it's the part the most difficult and we can't practice it alone.

You are a good teacher

See you again sometime