TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Saturday, January 26, 2013

THE UPS AND DOWNS of an ESL TEACHER.


Good day to you all!
To start with a little story … that I have named:
The Ups-and-Downs of an English Teacher
(actually your ESL teacher).

This week, specifically on Monday night, I went to bed with a feeling of sadness which was really from frustration, deception and disappointment. I received a phone call telling me that they had cancelled the second group of level three English. There were not enough inscriptions. Before going to sleep I questioned HOW I would deal and manage a group of fifteen people, closing the second one brought up the numbers in the first group . I was worried about the conversation ‘time’ that I had talked about at the last class in December. I worried that it would be difficult to satisfy all of you and give you that space.
On Tuesday morning, there you were, all happy and enthusiastic about seeing everyone once again. I had problems joining in with you, I myself was still worried about how the class would go. I still felt upset and couldn’t let go of the feeling of frustration. The class started …
Well I’m happy and relieved to say that things went ‘swimmingly’!
Now yesterday  when I woke up I realized that I had not gone to le Centre communautaire for my usual English class … and I was not sad. In fact I had a busy day doing things that needed to be done!
So all in allstill disappointed about the extra salary, things have worked out for the best. Another life lesson and another ‘point’ for this popular saying: Everything happens for a reason.
I’ll see you all next week and I’ll give you some feedback after having read your personal objectives for this winter session. I wish you all a great session and I want to officially WELCOME the newcomers and also the students that are coming back after a few sessions away.

Have a great weekend and don’t forget your English assignment! 
I’m very very happy to see you again!
SUZANNE

Here is the official quote by John Wooden*
“Things work out best for those 
who make the best of the way things work out.”
*For more quotes just CLICK on the above name.

No comments: