TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Thursday, December 9, 2010

Facebook and social networking


Today I went on my Facebook account. 
Why ? Do you ask, are you on Facebook?

Well it started nearly a year ago, actually on New Year's Day. I had decided then that one of the words I was going to incorporate in my daily accomplishments was the word FUN. And I also wanted to communicate in a general way with my students.  It is called: social networking! There's also MySpace and Twitter and others. Of course you now know that I have my own page, right here ! And that I have full control of what I decide to write. And YOU don't have to become a Facebooker! ;)
Nevertheless, I have kept my account open and, after hearing of the new changes brought to get more information on your page, I was curious to see what they were. So I did complete some information and I thought I would share with you what I wrote about myself! Here it is:


PERSONAL INFO on Facebook
I am a retired ESL teacher. 
As a retiree from the public school system, 
with all the years of experience under my belt, 
I have now become an ESL teacher for retirees! 
How funny is that! Great fun! 
Two words my students get mixed up all the time! 
I say, FUN makes me feel happy and FUNNY makes me laugh!
So, that's what I'm up to. Having fun and laughing! 
Then there's the five months I spend in the forest 
in the Laurentian Mountains, north of Montréal. 
Now that's fun also! 
I run summer immersion sessions there. 
We learn and laugh. And I benefit from the company.
Isn't it 'funny' how English has been with me 
ever since my birth in England to living in French Québec 
for all my life (minus six months). 
The best of both worlds!!! 
And the best career anyone could wish for! 
I have been the happiest in a classroom. 
There are more happy times ahead because I know now that 
I am the one that creates these precious moments 
in a day, a week, a year, and 
that I make them happen with you also! 
And THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!

 SUZANNE

P.S. If you want to take a TEST to see if you are in your GREAT CAREER too, 
just CLICk on title.

1 comment:

Huguette said...

Hi! Suzanne

I didn't forget you but with my mother who is at the hospital since 4 months, the English course which demand a lot of hours a day, the visits in osteopathy and physio ( I have a backache) and preparations for Christmas, I have not much time but I read you regulary.

I agree with you when you say you have been the happiest in a classroom because it the same thing for me.

I wish you Merry Christmas

Huguette