TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Friday, December 31, 2010

MY 'end-of-year' ASSESSMENT


Well, that's it!
I've finished for this year.  It has been a very busy year for me if I consider writing and maintaining this blog and sending regular weekly e-mails to my students. I’ve also communicated by NEWSLETTERS to former students, I think it's important to keep in touch! This has been excellent time spent writing and communicating, and, researching which I also enjoy doing! I found some very helpful internet sites which I passed along to you as ressources and also to help you hang on!

I've had a wonderful teaching year as well! Which I absolutely adore doing and through the classes I’ve met some really wonderful persons. The numbers are there: eight new groups and 70 somewhat new students. I also had some really committed individuals coming back and pursuing their learning. But I have also lost some :( That happens too! As the idiom goes: that's how the cookie crumbles! 

I've also made some important decisions concerning the content of ESL classes based on my students’ feedback. Thanks heaps!! So there will be some important changes because I need to take charge not only of content but of enrolment too.

I also experienced with four wonderful women, my first summer immersion classes. We decided on three days but after sitting down and discussing the time line, we came to the conclusion that even though you are beginners you can live easily through a FULL WEEK of English immersion. So I’m really looking forward to this coming time, between May and the end of September, to experience more immersions. WELCOME to my summer home in the forest! can you hear the birds ... and my world 'outside' of a classroom!!! There's a play-on-words, somewhere in there!

Of course I also have my personal LIFE which you are not necessarily privy too but, all in all, I’m a happy and content person. I owe it all to my CREATIVE spirit and BELIEF in my projects and the achievements that I am very proud of.

I've had a wonderful year and I am looking forward to spending more teaching time with my future and former students.  I am looking forward to reflecting on all the things I've achieved this year and I am very much looking forward to having some time over the holidays to make plans and goals for the year which lies ahead. I always create a 'story board' just like they do for the scenes and scenario of a movie.

As I move into the second year of posting here, on my blog, I hope to be able to continue to be inspired; to encourage and to help you as I lead you along my ENGLISH path and your ESL journey.  I am also looking forward to following the progress of my very talented ESL-ers!

This is the time to THANK YOU 
for your interest and for continuing to read my blog.  
You are all so wonderful and very supportive.  
This really is such a happy and positive time 
and I am so thrilled to have created this page!

                 HAPPY NEW YEAR and 
                 SEE YOU VERY SOON!
                                 Suzanne


P.S. CLICK on title if you want to see if you are in your best career or if you are really doing what you were meant to be!

No comments: