TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Sunday, December 5, 2010

The PURRRRRRFECT STUDENT


A SPECIAL STUDENT

Many years ago, I remember it was on a Sunday morning, I was just relaxing in my bed, not really ready to get up. I realized that my daughter Stéphanie who was three years old then, had already come down from her bedroom into the living room. She was speaking to somebody! Who could it be, I wondered. For my husband was beside me and she was an only child. So I was a little surprised to hear her speak and questioned the identity of the other person that I couldn’t hear.

So I jumped out of bed and went to find the answer. There she was sitting on the floor, holding some cards with a picture on one side and the corresponding word on the other side. Her cat, Socrate*, who was one and a half years younger than her, was sitting quietly in front of her. She was trying to teach him some vocabulary by repeating two or three times every word. It was so cute to see them that I observed a little while before joining in.

Finally, I don’t know exactly how many words Socrate learnt that day but I still remember the special relationship they had for many, many years. Socrate passed away when he reached the ripe old age of 18.

* Socrate is Socrates /tiz/ in English!
Thank you, Carole
for this touching litttle story 
about a faithful and 'educated' companion.


No comments: