TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Thursday, October 4, 2012

FALL IN QUÉBEC




 ...and a good SUNDAY morning
        to all my ESL students!

I’m writing to you from the summer cottage
I have been renting for the past four years.
The scenery is incredible
when the fall colors are at their peak!
It could not be any more colorful!
It is chilly outside but the orange,
yellow, and red leaves warm up the ‘air’.
What an incredible and awesome sight!!



The Canada Geese are also very present.
Their distinctive calls can be heard overhead.
I think they are saying:”Let’s go, gang!
We are flying South for the winter.”
They are so brave to travel 'there and back'
every year of their lives.
The only words I can think of right now are:
MOTHER NATURE!!!
We are lucky to have such wonderful sights
to look at and admire for each
and every season of the year.

Now about the classes!
I have met all of you this week:
all five groups and just over sixty students!
WOW! The English classes are becoming popular!
And I am so pleased with the groups.
I have my 'work' cut out for me:
from beginners to conversation!!

I also have some really good news to share with you.
After a lot of negotiating, I finally scored
an early delivery of all the dictionaries.
So I will be able to show you
how to use them at our next class.
I will prepare a few activities to help you
"find your way around"
and get you started using it!!

NOW ... Don't forget to get familiar with
all your new documents.
And spend some time classifying them in your binder.
It will make things much easier
if we all are 'on the same page'.
Also please explore the TOOLS offered on my blog.
right here ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE
They are there to help you
with the different aspects of learning!

So I am going to stop here,
for I could easily go on and on!!
I'll see you in class this coming week!

         SUZANNE 


LINKS FOR THE SOUNDS of ENGLISH:
BBC

No comments: