TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Thursday, October 18, 2012

GROWING PAINS

GROWING PAINS ...

Some of you are experiencing 'growing pains' !!!
 difficulties that arise in the early stages of any project.

As your teacher and coach,
I can understand how difficult some of the English language's 
vocabulary and spoken language can be. 
How learning the verbs and the verb tenses is ploblematic.

How mad you must get at me, when I say:" It's easy!"
Don't worry ... I can take it.
It's called to transfer your frustration on someone!!
I'm used to it! 
But I digress ...

Right now, in our classes, you are experiencing 
what it REALLY IS to learn a language, any language!!
The biggest problem is that you are not starting 
FROM SCRATCH or FROM ZERO! 
You have to FORGET what you have learned in a wrong way. 
You have to OPEN UP to a new way of operating! 
A new way of thinking! A  new way of learning!

I am your cheerleader!


I am here to help!
I am here to support you!


The biggest MISTAKE that you can make as a learner of English 
is NOT LETTING GO of many many years of relying 
on French to translate all that you want to say!!

You have to RETRAIN the part of your brain
in which we can find the title: LEARNING a LANGUAGE!

Here's a little anecdote that can illustrate
what I went through learning Spanish.
When I was in Cuba studying Spanish,
I remember my teacher telling me 
that I would NEVER BE CUBAN!
It hurt my feelings then ... but today, 
I understand where he was coming from.
He was talking about IDIOSYNCRASY
which in simple words means: 
CULTURE and WAY OF THINKING!!!

Sooo, learning a language is not 'a piece of cake',
it's more like 'pulling teeth' ...

Today, above all, I want to reassure you
and let you know that I'm there for you.
You will get the results you are hoping for,
remember 'it takes two, you and I, to tango'!!!
For those who watch Dancing With The Stars,
it means COMMITTED and DAILY WORK.
HOURS and HOURS of PRACTICE,
and finally the word we all hate:
D I S C I P L I N E.

I CAN HEAR YOU !!! ............No BUT's nor I CAN'T's

JUST DO IT to quote the popular slogan!!

I love you all and 
I'm really really sorry for the growing pains!
Your teacher and number one supporter!

SUZANNE

NOTE: Piece of cake and pulling teeth are idioms or idiomatic expressions.
You will finfd the meaning by CLICKING on expression. I have created a LINK.
Any UNDERLINED and BLUE words are all linked to their definitions.




No comments: