TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Sunday, October 28, 2012

HALLOWEEN FUN!


HELLO! HELLO!! 
Well I've been busy all afternoon getting emails off to students.
And my brain is on overload! But, nevertheless I have a special message for you!
This weekend and next week mark the beginning of annual Halloween events, celebrations, and parties. I remember how much fun I had as a kid on All Hallow's Eve! My mom always made it a point to dress us up as little women. We got to wear her high heel shoes, and her jewelry, and her handbags, and, the best, her makeup!!! She even did our hair! I have some snaps (abbreviation of snapshot) of that time. Pictures of my sister and I, all ready to go out trick-or-treating.
I also remember how the fun continued later on in my life when I started teaching. Everyone came dressed up with their costumes and there were always a ton of activities organized at school. I played some mean tricks on a few school principals in those days. They still talk about it when I see them once in a while. I think that I traumatized them!! I always had an accomplice, I couldn't pull it off by myself!
The best fun I had though were the Halloween parties with friends and their friends! I enjoyed dressing up just as much at an adult age. The best costume I ever made was a Cleopatra one. I researched all the details and really tried to reproduce them as best I could. It was an amazing costume. And I got to wear a very dark haired wig and headdress!! No pictures to show though! Don't remember why! I loved it!
Today, not that many entertaining moments to share, except for the fun time in class with you playing a special Halloween game. Soooo I'm getting ready for that! I also intend wearing a special hat in class next week. I wish you would join me and decorate those wonderful heads of yours!! Surprise me! Let's have some fun and I can take some pictures.
Have a great weekend and enjoy your parties ... if any!

SUZANNE

No comments: