TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Friday, November 16, 2012

The End is coming ... two classes left!

ESL Classes are coming to an end!! There are only two classes left. And the next one is a TEA PARTY! I'll have to tell you all about that when time comes!


Yes! This very busy and demanding session is coming to an end, both for me and my students. So to see where they are right now in their progress,  I asked all of my students from beginners to advanced, as a final review, to write about one of their favourite activities (passion) using the following verb tenses: simple present, past and future, the present progressive and the present perfect. They also had to incorporate an expression of time of course!!
I was really astonished by the results that I decided spontaneously, well at least the first one, to tell them that I was going to publish them on my blog. The students were not expecting this reward … You should have seen the expressions of shock and surprise on their faces! I loooooved it!

So here is the first one; they are not graded. I’ll post them as fast as they get in. Come to think of it, there’s a benefit for both student and teacher here I get to take a break! J
Diane has been with me for several sessions. She is now retired!
Here’s her little essay:


Hi! I have a common first name, Diane,  but I have an uncommon family name, Dutrisac. I also have a special nickname "sapoule" that  my mother gave me ... don't ask me why!
When I worked, I saw a lot of people of every age and it was very pleasant but I'll tell you a secret... my favorite patients were the elderly. Now, once a week, I take care of my mother-in-law who has  Alzheimer’s and I have my mother too.  My mother has good mental health but she has many problems with her back and her legs.  It's important for me to take care of them.
For my own health and to re-energise, I like travelling.  Last summer, with my husband, we went on a lot of picnics.  We went to the falls in Rawdon , beside the lake at Tremblant and at lake Memphremagog. Next summer, if you see someone making a picnic, look carefully, maybe it will be me. 
Of course, when it's possible, we make bigger trips.  My dream is to see all the world but it's an impossible dream … I can also be very happy with a cup of coffee, a book and music.
I had a wonderful grand-mother. She gave me a lot.  She was always positive.  Only once she said:"The only thing I regret is to have been so afraid.  I missed the opportunity to do a lot of interesting things". I have never forgotten that and I use it in my life.  I have vertigo but I took a chairlift and a cable car, anything like that.  I don't want to miss something beautiful or interesting, but after the cable car experience.....I had to find a restroom....
The most important strength I have is my joie-de-vivre.  I have a great family: mother, sisters, husband, sons, daughter-in-laws and grandchildren.  All are very kind; they are my life!


After reading her personal story in class, Diane said:” Ouf … If you have corrections to make, go... it's OK for me.” And I might add at that moment, she was clearly touched by this experience.

And YOU CAN SEE WHY!
There’s nothing like a look 
of satisfaction and proudness 
from a job-well-done
on a person’s face!
That’s where MY energy comes from!
Have a great day!

Today I'm proud to sign off:
Diane and Suzanne 



No comments: