TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Thursday, February 14, 2013

WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE LOVE SONG?



Hi! To all you beautiful people!
Today it's all about romance and
as Céline sang "It's all about love"

I was thinking about LOVE SONGS and wondered
what would be your favourite if I had not forgotten
to ask you in class this past week.

So I'm taking this opportunity 
to ask you TODAY, on Valentine's Day:
TELL ME ABOUT YOUR FAVOURITE LOVE SONG.
* Give me the title
* Who sings it and why you like/love/adore it?
* Then write a little comment about it.
I will publish it and we can all share in this insight
into your personal favourites.

Can't wait to read your feelings!
For mine CLICK on title below and you'll get to hear mine.
or maybe ... your favourite romantic movie:
Mine's The Notebook and of course
The Bridges of Madison County,
suffering for LOVE.

SUZANNE 


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite love song is UNE CHANCE QU'ON S'A by Jean-Pierre Ferland. It's a wonderful song , a poetic one. We can fell the tenderness in every word and in his way to sing it . I have heard that song in many occasions, and every time it made me cry .

Suzanne said...

DEAR STUDENT!
Surprise ... You forget to leave your name and if we were playing a game I would have to guess who wrote such a beautiful little text on their favourite love song.

But I must admit that I don't have a clue ??

YES! It's a great song. You mentuoned that " ... you can FEEL the tenderness in every word ..." and that is a MUSt for love songs!
And also ...in his way of SINGING it. Jean-Pierre does that to you!!
I think that's why so many women like him!

Thanks for sharing .?.. Maybe I'm going to try a guess... Is it from Johanne La...

Have a great weekend!
Suzanne

Suzanne said...

Sorry I have to correct:
You FORGOT (finished) ...

And I've been thinking and it could also be you Céline who often comments.
In any case ... thanks!
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Susanne,
It's a good question ! It's not easy to answer, it's depend of the period of our life.
At seventeen years old, I dreamed when I listened La légende du cheval blanc of Claude Léveillée. And now, I dream that my love sing : I'M your man of leonard Cohen.
Movies :
In the seventies, Love Story and his sound track touched me so much.
In the nineties, Body Gard and the song I will always love you with Witney Houston makes me vibrate and still today.
Nothing Hill is also a movie that I love to see again. I'm listening the sound track when I'M on the road...
The last most beautiful love song is : On va s'aimer encore de Vincent Vallières.
I hope that I can live this song.
The story is so tender...
Céline

Suzanne said...

Hi! Céline,
I love the way you approached the topic. Somehow it DOES depend on the period in your life. But sometimes it is difficult to also make a choice because nothimg is BLACK & WHITE!
Love Story, The Bodyguard and Notting Hill for movies are great choices.
I never noticed the sountrack of the last movie you mentioned. You get me curious.
This afternoon I will return my videos and I will rent this movie. Thanks in a way it was a suggestion!!

Have a nice weekend!
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Hello Suzanne,

My favorite love song is an old one written and sung by Jacques Brel : Les Vieux amants.
The poetic text talks about long lasting love in spite of difficulties of life. I have always loved this song even when I was a teenager.
This song is on You Tube but unfortunately I don't know how to make a link.

Hélène

Suzanne said...

Hi! Hélène,
I do remember that song. My sister was a 'die hard' fan of Jacques Brel and I heard it a lot ...in those days of our youth!!
I was more a Gilbert Bécaud fan! Saw him evrery time he came to Montréal!

Thanks for sharing and here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM6lYozaTVg
A teary song ... but not as overwhelming as l'ombre de ton ombre ...

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne,

My favourite love song is "C'est beau la vie" by Jean Ferrat. It's remember me my teenager. The lyrics are so real and that touch my heart. Also, this song was played at my marriage in 1974.

My favourite movie is "La mélodie du bonheur" and my favourite serie is "Les oiseaux se chachent pour mourir".

France L'Héraut

Suzanne said...

Thanks for your comment France!
You are a hopeless romantic in my book! Starting with your song choice ... I bet there was not a dry eye at your wedding!
Then,1965, The Sound of Music and
1983, The Thorn Birds with Richard Chamberlain as the handsome priest, Ralph de Bricassart... WOW!! Did I cry and cry and cry for days on!!

Maybe the new POPE will give permission to priests to get married ... NOT!!

Thanks for sharing, sure brought back some memories!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

n