TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Sunday, May 1, 2011

SUNNY and SUPERB ... SUNDAY and SPRING!


What a sunny and superb 
Sunday afternoon!

Lucien is enjoying the sunshine. I have never seen him grooming himself so passionately and vigourouisly. He is 'spring cleaning' his fur coat!!! He’s licking in all the Vitamin D3 that the sun is shinning down on him,  while I have to buy mine in a bottle at the pharmacy … How ironic!!!

I have just come back from running an errand.
And I am impressed by all the outdoor activity
or should I say ‘activities’.
EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING
in my neighbourhood is outside!!!
This is surely a sign that spring has finally arrived!
How do I know?
Well, the signs are there for me to observe. 
First I must mention all the automobiles that are getting a ‘bath’. This is one of the sure signs, don’t you agree? Every single male and a few females are using up all our precious water ressources, cleaning their cars. Not to mention all the soap and other chemical mixtures to make everything shiny!!! Spring brings out the best in nature but the worst in human nature L

I’m really so glad to open my windows!
Today all of them are wide open.
I can hear all the lovely birds that have decided to build
their nests in the awesome old, old trees in my neighbourhood.
Lucien is having fun and getting some exercise 
running from one window to the other 
and checking out the action!
But then, my second observation, all the noise that is slowly coming back. Renovations have started around here. So have the annoying electric saws and drills, and the hammering and people yelling orders to one another over all that noise that THEY ARE MAKING TOO!!!!
WOW!!! Can't wait for the lawnmowers and grass trimmers!!
I’ll be glad to be heading off to the countryside this week!
The only noise there comes from the squirrels and chipmunks,
the birds and the loons.
"And what about your car?", you ask.
 Well it will be very well taken care of 
and washed by Mother Nature herself ... the rain ;)

HAVE A GREAT SPRING
And a great week!
Suzanne

QUESTION:
What are your favourite spring activities???


2 comments:

Huguette.pronovost @videotron.ca said...

Hi Suzanne,

When the spring arrive, for me, it's the camping time. First, I must assemble the gazebo to protect myself of mosquitos because they attack me . After, I clean the lawn, I go out parasol, table and chairs, I wash the caravan and I am ready to do camping. Also, I prepare my golf clubs because it's my favorite sport.
However, when the spring arrive, It's the time to take off coat and boots and it's the heaven.

Bye

Huguette

Suzanne said...

HUGUETTE … HI!
So when spring time arrives you are very busy and active. Getting ready for camping and golf. Seems they are your favourite summer activities as well!
So you have a gazebo to protect yourself from those pesky mosquitoes. I hate those darn bugs!!1 They make my life miserable.
And YESSS! Getting rid of all our winter clothes is like heaven!
Thanks for your feed-back,
Suzanne