TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Friday, November 11, 2011

ON LINE reading







I love reading on line!
AWESOME!

Speaking of which ...
The book of Awesome and the on line reading blog.
Just click on title or
image on your right.
These stories make you smile and
they are such a joy to read!
TRY THEM!

There is also WIKIPEDIA.

It reminds me,when I was young,
how I would go from one reference to the other,
flipping through the pages of the dictionary,
seeking information and fueling my curiosity.
Looove WIKI ...
it does all of it for you, it's all in the LINKS!
AWESOME!

And how about learning on line with
all the ressources offered to  ESL students and teachers!
AND THIS BLOG!!!
Super awesome!



I'm so grateful and happy
that one day, two years ago (nearly), 
I clicked on Google's: how to create a blog.
It has brought me many, many happy hours!
As you can see, I love to write
and you can read!
The best of both worlds.

SUZANNE

TRIVIA:  one out of every eight letters you read is the letter ‘e’.


’.

2 comments:

Huguette.pronovost @videotron.ca said...

Hi! Suzanne

Reading is very pleasant but it is less pleasant when we don't understand. I began reading in English when you suggested to me to read books for children. I read every day before my computer and I didn't need to look for in the dictionary because Google can make it for me. I don't lose interest for the story.

Have a nice weekend

Suzanne said...

Hi!
Thanks for sharing your English reading experience.
What you did was to find a way to make reading an easier and more efficient way of keeping focussed on the story.
Actually there are books that have that immediate translation on the facing page plus footnotes with explanations. But and there is a but, you cannot necessarely find the stories that interest you and secondly ... you have to buy them!

Have a nice weekend,
Suzanne