TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Friday, November 11, 2011

READING HABITS, what are yours?


All about READING
This post will help you to form sentences in which you can use the simple VERB tenses in your communications in English when talking or writing about habit & repeated actions.


I love to read.
Reading is one of my favourite activities.

POSSESSION:
I have many books. My books range in genre from fiction to essays (non-fiction) which I have more of! I have hard-cover books in many different sizes and just ordinary pocket books also. They are cheaper (less expensive) and popular editions. I also have some really expensive 'coffee table' books. I looove magazines especially on interior decoration and design. I have several subscriptions.

HABIT:
I read every day. I usually read for an hour and sometimes on weekends, up to five or six hours. Sometimes I even read two or three books at a time!! I usually read in my favourite reading chair and always read in bed fevore going to sleep. As you can see in the image above, I love to read in a nice warm bath too! 
I like to say: 
TIME FLIES WHEN YOU ARE READING!
  
PRESENTLY I am reading Tuesdays with Morrie for the second time. I really enjoy reading this book. It brings such wisdom into my daily life! This is a non-fiction novel. 
I’m also reading a new ESL book about English idioms. Reading to be informed. It is very well presented and explained. The approach is like the one in the LONGMAN learners’ dictionary that I recommended last September, at your first class. The one you purchased (bought) at the book store for your English classes. The dictionary that you use every day!!  And that eventually will become your best friend for learning English! I am telling you this because of students’ feed-backs and comments. They use it regularly while reading and writing. 
By the way, I would like to inform you that Marie-Denise, one of my students,  is presently accumulating quite a collection of ESL books. She and I are presently preparing a list of suggested books that you can ask for as a Christmas gift! Isn't this a great idea!!!

EXPERIENCE/ OPINION :
My favourite book of all times is The Alchimist.  I never hesitate to recommend this book. I read it the first time fifteen years ago. It took me just two ‘sittings’ to finish it. Over the years I have read it so many times that I forget. I have read it in French and in English. I finally bought myself, as a gift, an illustrated hard cover copy. This book is always by my bedside and once in a while I open it and read it on the chosen page. Reading has the power to transform lives| This book has influenced me profoundly.
 It’s called BOOK LOVE!!! 
The love and the joy of reading.


Have a great 'reading' weekend!
SUZANNE
NOTE:
This post comes from a document I created for this year's beginner group.
Reading is one of the best ways to enrich your vocabulary while having fun!



No comments: