TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Saturday, April 6, 2013

A MOMENT of HAPPINESS


FRANCINE has written about A  Moment  of  Happiness.
This is how she recalls this very special moment
and how one of her dreams came true!
I must add that when she told us about this in class,
her classmates spontaneously reacted to her photos
and wanted to know a lot more.
What was surprising ...she was really fluent while adding
 information that wasn’t included in her text.
I personally think, as a teacher, that her presentation
was also another special moment, right there in class!!


Ever since  I  saw the  movie   «  La  Grenouille  et  la  baleine », I  have had  a  dream … to  go  swimming  with  dolphins. So in  January of 2002  my dream came through! I  went  to  Mexico  on  The  Riviera  Maya  with  my  husband. On  January 9, my birthday,  while we were on holiday,  my  husband  decided  to  give  me  a  special  gift.  We  reserved  a  day  trip  with  a  French  guide  and  the  day  of  my  56  years ,  my  dream  finally  came  true . That  day ,  I  went  swimming  with  dolphins  at  the  Interactive  Aquarium  of  Cancun. It was  a  fantastic  experience!

First,  we  visited  the  Aquarium .  We  saw  starfish , sea  urchins  and  a  lot  of  weird  marine  animals .  I  touched a  baby  shark , a  sting-ray … a  big  and  very  ugly  sting-ray. Then I approached the pool. My  husband  was on  a  small  bridge  above  the  pool  with  camera in hand.   We  were  a  group  of  12  people. The  instructor  explained  what  we  had  to  do while in  the  pool . He  spoke  just  in  English  but  our  French  guide  repeated the   explanations  in  French  to  be  sure  that everything   was  clear  for  everyone.
We then went  into  the  pool .  While  a  group  of  six persons  were  playing  in  the  water  with  two  dolphins ,  the  other  group  of  six stayed  by the  pool  with  the  instructor  and  another  dolphin . I  was  in  this  group . The  instructor  gave us a lot of information about  a dolphin’s   mouth , teeth , tongue , the  hole  on  its  head , its  skin  (very  sensitive)  and more. He  showed  us  how  to  feed  a dolphin . Each  of  us  fed   the  dolphin . I  gave  it  a  fish .  After  that , the  instructor  said to   the  dolphin : « You  eat  too  much . You  are  going  to  be  on  a  diet » and  the  dolphin  answered : «  No  diet…No  diet…No  diet…  » It  sounded  like  that! After the lesson, we played  with  the  dolphin .  We  splashed  water  at  the  dolphin .  It  moved  back  or  it  hid  its  head  under  the  water.  After  three  or  four  times ,  the  dolphin   put  its  head  under water  for  a few seconds  then…it  approached  quickly  and  it  splashed  a  lot  of  water  on  us and  it  laughed  and  it applauded  itself.  It  was  cute.
Finally ,  one  by  one , we  had  to  kneel down  on  the  side  of  the  pool  close  to  the  water :  we  were  ready  for  the  «  kiss ».
 I  got down  and  I  put  my  hands  into  a  «  V ».  The  dolphin   approached… I  gave  it  a  kiss  on  its  nose  and  then  I  turned  my  head. The  dolphin   got closer and  gave  me  a  kiss  on  the cheek . Of  course ,  the  photographer  was  there  to  take  a  photo. After  the  kiss ,  I  went  into  the  water  with  my  group : the six of us formed a  large  circle. We  didn’t   go  toward  the  dolphins . Dolphins  swam  around us, behind  us and in  front  of  us. I  was  very  lucky :  a  dolphin  stopped  in  front  of  me  three  times, it  turned  on  its  back  and  I  touched it then I  stroked  it.  It felt like  rubber. A  very  pleasant  moment!
 I  was  more anxious  for  the  next step : the ‘foot  push’. To experience  a dolphin  ‘foot  push’ ,  we  are  in  the  water , one  by  one . We  lay  flat  on  our  stomachs  with  outstretched  arms .  Our  legs  are  also  stretched  out and we  had to  keep  our  legs  stiff , very  stiff . When  we  were ready , two  dolphins  swam  quickly  and  pushed  our  feet  just  under  the  heels . We  were  propelled  out  of  the  water .               
What a  fantastic  feeling! What a terrific  experience!
I  succeeded and I  loved  it!
To  complete  the  activity ,  we stayed  in  the  water  for some  minutes .  The  three  dolphins  did  a  show  just  for  us . They  jumped , skipped ,  danced ,  one  by  one  or  together  . We  finally  made a ‘Bye , Bye ’ sign and the dolphins reciprocated by  passing in  front  of  us  to also say: « Bye, Bye! » with  their  flippers.
I  believe that  I  was  probably  the  oldest  person  in  the  group but… I  am sure that I  was  the  happiest! As  a souvenir , we  got  a  small  sterling  dolphin charm. As I was leaving the the  Aquarium , I  was  very  emotional. I  was  overwhelmed  with joy I  was  so  happy  that for  a  few  hours  after , I  felt like  crying

DOESN'T everybody
 just LOVE dolphins!!
I personally think that the emotion that Francine felt that day
is a GIFT from this most amazing creature of the seas!
                                   Suzanne
*** Don't forget to COMMENT,
 I'm sure they will appreciate!                             



                                                               

No comments: