TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Saturday, April 6, 2013

MY PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS


As a teacher and a person that can appreciate 
the experience of life because of our 'advanced' years.
I love listening then reading once again here
about my students' life experiences.
They are all retirees and considered as seniors.
What makes it more interesting is that
their experiences are those of mature, established
 and experienced persons.
Their vues on life have been influenced 
by their personal experiences through the years
 and have attached to them,  a 'touch' of wisdom.
Here is Irène's story!


What I am the most proud of  in my life.
By Irène Mongeon
                                 
                                       
   When I decided to choose the topic, two subjects come to mind: my career and my university studies because during the last thirty-five years I might have given too much but there are no regrets!
 I studied four years at university and obtained a licence and a bachelor’s degree in nursing. I began my career as a paediatric nurse for a few years. Then I had the opportunity to teach during my employment. I worked in different departments at Notre-Dame Hospital. Sometimes, it was a difficult job because there were a lot of unexpected things but the challenge was rewarding. The hospital management often gave me huge tasks and projects; I preferred organizational development.
  One day the nursing director asked me as a head-nurse to restructure a department. I had learned about management and had worked a lot on development and it had become my passion. In the meantime, I completed a master’s degree in education. This period of my life was very demanding and there was no time for leisure. This experience was successful and gave me the confidence to go ahead for a big change.
   I left this hospital where I had worked for eighteen years and began working in the universe of human resources. I loved working for the growth of individuals. Years passed, I worked in small and large health establishments, such as CH, CHSLD, CLSC, CHP. I often had heavy caseloads and my work included various challenges. I was always fulfilled working for the advancement of individuals and organisations.
  In order to help me more, I studied in creativity. This certificate taught me many ways of seeing things and creative methods in teaching or solving problems. At the same moment, for four years, I was president of a Human Resources Group representing six regions of Quebec. This work group’s  mission was to talk to members of organisations with the same objectives of human resources and individual development were present. We offered our services to members including resourcing and networking. It has been a very rich experience in my career!
  Studying was never easy, but I’m a determined woman. I realised that my studies allowed me the  best opportunities in the  work field. When I retired, I created my company in human resources development. I had mandates in organizational development. It was a different challenge than  being an employee. I learned a lot in administration and accounting. These last years were rewarding!
  Then the time for retirement came along. I had to help my mother who suffered from Alzheimer’s disease. I took care of her during four years. And again creativity helped me to keep myself balanced. I started painting and drawing once more. And I won two prizes at exhibitions and I sold three of my works. It’s a great activity!

I am so proud of my work throughout the years! 


As your ESL teacher, Irène, I want to acknowledge the HUGE and I mean huge progress you have made at this your third session. I can see that you have a great work discipline and your years of studying is still on going!! I am sure you will get to where you wish to be !  SUZANNE 


No comments: