TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Friday, April 19, 2013

AFTER MANY LOYAL YEARS...

Good Friday morning to you all!
                                       Today I am  in mourning ...
After many years of loyal service my PC has done its last job ... and has decided to 'retire' without asking me or telling me in advance :( Actually there were a few signs...) Sounds like another recent event in my life as a teacher ...but that is another totally different experience and story that I will not get into today.

Yes ... or should I say:" Oh! NOOOO!", my dear computer has finally expired! I am sooo sad.  My life as a teacher has been upset by this tragedy :(  for I have not been able to communicate with you for a whole week! And as Charlie Brown would say: "Good grief!" (oxymoron). Some of you have already reacted and are in a state of agitation and distress. What is going on? What has happened to my teacher? Something is not right!!
 
   Well here I am!
And this morning I am using my new laptop or notebook as it is called today! It is quite a stressful situation ... to say the least! Of course all the options that I have now at my disposal are all updated but ... GEEEZ! I didn't ask for it! I was quite well off with my 'old' Windows XP! I could actually work with my eyes closed that I was so familiar with every button I used... AHHHH! Now I have this super, dooper Windows 8 and I am pushing a lot of buttons and getting nowhere for the moment!
As we say in American English:" If it ain't broke, why fix it!"
 
So there it is! This is the latest news and
I will be in front of my PC for  a while
trying to find my way home again!!
 (expresson: before I can feel at ease
working with the new one).
Have a great weekend and please come back next week
 to read some new posts from my students.
LOVE TO YOU ALL
SUZANNE

No comments: