TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Saturday, February 27, 2016

ANOTHER GREAT STORY !!!


AN IMPORTANT KEEPSAKE and SOUVENIR.
By Ginette Robillard  
My mother’s name is Thérèse. Today, she’s 87 years old and she lives with my sister, Francine. When my mother was a child, she started learning the piano. She learnt for many years and she used to be a very good pianist. I wrote “she used to”  because now, she is a deaf person and she has arthritis, so she can’t play anymore.

When she got married and for many many years after, she couldn’t have a piano in her home. So I always heard my mother playing only when we were at my grand-mother’s home. I also remember that while she was playing, I often cried. Her music made me feel nostalgic.
Fifteen years ago, when she moved in with my sister, she bought a piano. One day, my sister decided to record her music on a tape. And after a few years, she transferred the tape to a CD.

Today, my brother and sister, my children and I, plus some other family members own a CD of my mother playing piano. It is a very important KEEPSAKE that will remind us of our mother and her piano playing for all the rest of our lives.
______________________________________________________
     Don’t you just love these heartwarming stories!!
Thanks so much GINETTE!
              MY COMMENT:
I was really touched by your personal story.
It made me think of my own TANTE LAURETTE
who used to play  the piano when I went
to visit my great-grandmother.
I also got the urge to go and look for
some of my own keepsakes which
of course include my childhood photo album! 
  SUZANNE
 
NOTE: MEMENTO, KEEPSAKE, SOUVENIR are all synonyms used to describe an  object that reminds us of a person or an experience. We all have them!!!

No comments: