TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Thursday, February 25, 2016

PUBLISHING some of my STUDENTS creative writing!!

It is with great pride that I am posting and
will be doing so in the next few days
some of my intermediate students'
 stories and anecdotes.
WOW!!! Challenged with creative writing,
 they are bravely and confidently MOVING ON!!
A new chapter in their learning experience.
 
 

 I HAVE DONE IT ONLY ONCE!
 By Louise St-Jacques
When I was young, every year I went with my family to my uncle’s cottage up North in the Laurentians for one week in the summertime.  At that time, my uncle had a boat and all of my cousins knew and had been water skiing since they were very young. So, when I was about 15 years old, I decided to try it. I had been  watching them several times and thought that I would  like to try it. But I was afraid because I knew that I would end up with a broken arm or a leg!

My uncle, Aldège was an experienced boat driver and I was confident about him driving the boat. On the first attempt, only my head and my hands got out the water. The rest of my body stayed submerged. I had the feeling that my arms had been torn off of my shoulders. Then  I tried following  my cousin Maryse’s instructions:  “Bend your legs,” she said, ”tense up your back side, stretch your arms.”

While I tried to position my body, my uncle had been patiently waiting for me to be ready. Suddenly, he said 1-2-3- GO! and he was off! For the second time I immersed such as a submarine. I had a lot of water in my mouth, my nose and my ears. I really didn’t like it.
Courageously, I tried it about twelve times. My best performance was a distance of three metres…  I survived this terrible experience only to tell you that I will never do it again. That was the first and the last time of my life to ever go water skiing. 
 
I thought I would add the expression:
Thanks LOUISE for taking the challenge.
WELL DONE!!!
 
Thanks for reading and sending some comments
that I will then pass on to LOUISE!! 
A very proud teacher,
SUZANNE 
 

No comments: