TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ALL ABOUT TEA!!


TEA  

A Universal Beverage.

We all know that there are things in life that exist;that are. One of those things is a good cup of tea!! Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world after water. Tea is an aromatic drink prepared by adding cured leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant to hot water. The term TEA also refers to the plant itself. It has a cooling and slightly bitter flavour which many people enjoy.
What does TEA represent in MY LIFE? Well there are many aspects to my experiences: past, present, and future. I was born in England and was raised by two British women, my mother, Kathleen and my grand-mother, Ethel. I started drinking tea at a very young age. My grand-mother always had her ‘cuppa’ in the afternoon and she always shared some with me. She used to pour a small quantity into her saucer and  then hand it to me. This was really a ritual and I still remember today. It was always a special moment for me. Today I do not drink tea that often. I have tea only on special occasions. Every year I share my tea and scones with my ESL students and we have a little ‘tea party’. I enjoy EVERY MOMENT OF IT! I share my heritage and recipes with them. The tea I reserve for these occasions actually comes from England. I bought it during the last visit with my family, my aunt and cousins, in Yorkshire.. The only regret I have today is that I didn’t buy enough while I was three. Sadly I cannot find a match here in Montréal … for I have tried ;(

To conclude, I will say that right now, I am producing a video which shows you how to make my grand-mother’s scones from the original recipe. It is an honour to share this ‘how-to-bake-scones’ video with you. You will eventually see it in a few weeks on YouTube.

Until then I hope you all enjoy your cup of tea’s and the satisfying moments that they bring to you! Today’s researchers are very positive about all the health benefits of people who consume tea, especially those over 65 !!!

SUZANNE

NOTE: My source for the general info comes from Wikipedia where you can read more about TEA. Below,  you will find the step-by-step calligraphy (writing) of the word tea, a bit of visual … You know me !!!






No comments: