TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Friday, February 24, 2012

SPECIAL MOMENTS


MOMENTS …
 Some of my most memorable experiences were born 
from unexpected, beautiful moments… 
And this morning I'm having a ‘moment’ … 
a moment of importance !
 Today is February 24, 2012. It’s Friday morning and after having a good night’s sleep,  I have awoken with such a great feeling of relief and one of deep satisfaction. The video that has been in the works since I first talked about it to my ESL students last year, has  finally been made! Well, except for the editing, it was created and recorded yesterday evening. Today, it is!!
This morning I can only be thankful that everything worked out! And I have to thank Valérie and her little team of film makers. She really is a great teacher and very experienced in dealing with young 'wanna-be' film makers. I am glad that I actually collaborated with them. Two generations brought together: my student-retirees, represented here by Diand D. and what could be, their grand-children. I also have to thank last minute volunteers such as Louise, a close friend, and her partner, Richard, who in real life works on film sets as an expert lighting technician. And not to forget, Jeanne, their daughter that came along and participated in the fianl scene, the tea-party!
The ‘moment’ I’m having is also about the way I handled myself. This morning I’m very proud of the way I let go of control and wanting everything to go my way. Last evening was all about letting everyone BE their best at what they do, including myself! And it worked!!
It was an incredible experience and I am very excited about the outcome. I trust Valérie’s expertise on editing all the footage. I’m so glad we collaborated and gave these kids a real live experience. And to give Diane and Louise the opportunity to participate in a video in which they had to speak English! Way to go!! I’m also glad about the last minute upsets and changes … they brought with them precious positive moments! It turned out to be the best at improvisation with a little bit of preparation.  My casting experience, last minute at that, turned out for the best; we made delicious lemonade with the lemons!! Louise and Diane were great!  I knew I could count on them. They joined in with a few pertinent questions and killed some of the silences that were necessary while mixing the scone ingredients (the video: how to make scones).
This morning’s moment is all about being thankful and the feeling of accomplishment. Stick to your dreams and wishes. Stick to what you believe in, creativity and being different. Listen to your personal needs and the rest, opportunities and persons, will surely make their way to you!!! MOMENTS that you never expected and just come into your life and elevate it to another level. and there are  more to come! 
I hope you have a few "moments" yourself this week.   
Feeling good!
Love teaching and love my students
and my friends!
SUZANNE

NOTE: a few expressions for you,
To have a moment … Do you have a moment?
At the last moment … A moment of silence
and, a moment of truth.


No comments: