TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Sunday, February 12, 2012

LOVE SONGS


 LOVE SONGS.

This morning the HEADLINES read:
Whitney Houston dies at the age of 48.

I am really saddened to hear ...

Our generation knows Whitney Houston and she has many fans if not, we are at least familiar with so many of the songs she interpreted with such uniqueness. Some of us even have a few or a lot of her recordings, but one 'stands out'. How many of you fell in love or were touched by the movie, The Bodyguard, in which she starred with Kevin Cosner,another ‘hearthrob’
Today I’m posting Dolly Parton’s famous song lyrics made popular by Whitney. These lyrics touched many of us in different ways but mostly made us daydream, fantasize about an ever-lasting love; shed tears thinking aout ‘what-could-have-been’; hope for this romantic love!! Well it happens in the movies and in real life too, doesn’t it?

Here are Dolly Parton’s lyrics. If you click on preceding link, you can also read about the origins of the song on Wikipedia. With the lyrics you can follow along with Dolly as she sings the words that she wrote in 1973 and sang in the 1982 movie in which she appeared with Burt Reymnolds, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. CLICK on following title for video. 


If I should stay
Well, I would only be in your way
And so I'll go, and yet I know
That I'll think of you each step of my way
And I will always love you
I will always love you
Bitter-sweet memories
That's all I have, and all Im taking with me
Good-bye, oh, please don't cry
Cause we both know that I’m not
What you need
I will always love you
I will always love you
And I hope life, will treat you kind
And I hope that you have all
That you ever dreamed of
Oh, I do wish you joy
And I wish you happiness
But above all this
I wish you love
I love you, I will always love

I, I will always, always love you
I will always love you (ter)

Dolly Parton!


Suzanne

If you wish to read more: 


No comments: