TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Thursday, February 16, 2012

NEVER GIVE UP!

Today I decided to clear up the front of my refrigerator door! YES! You know what I mean. And it starts with the cute magnets. I have the best collection ever! I have very tiny pink ice cream cones, and mini flower pots, and the holiday souvenir gift I received from my dear friend, Sylvie when she went on vacation to les Iles-de-la-Madeleine. It's made out of sand and represents a sand-castle and sculpture competition they have yearly on the islands. I also have a collection of cristal ones that look like huge diamonds. I LOVE the BLING!! And white round ones from Ikea, they have a simple and modern look! and they are very effective. YES! they will hold anything up!
Now these magnets are holding up discount coupons of soap, 
plastic wrap, diswashing liquid, aluminum foil, 
toilet paper, cat food, and more.
The funny thing is that I always forget to bring them with me 
when I go to the supermarket. I actually had to throw a few out!
I have a few Lotto tickets too. WHO knows 
I might be a millionnaire and if this happens to pan out ... 
someone else would be cleaning my fridge door! 
Just the thought makes me smile. But don't worry,
I would never stop teaching, because that's worht a MILLION!!
There are also a few photos. The two that I really like are 
those of my niece, Sandra, a graduation picture and a wedding photo. Soon I'll have a baby one too... YAY!!! She's expecting.
There is also my collection of little heart magnets that are holding up my collection of 'fortune cookie' messages that are ... never mind!!
There are a few positive messages and sayings as well. 
Now I'm finally getting to the point, the title of today's post. 
One of the messages is: 
NEVER think of giving up on a goal, 
 because even by walking slowly, you CAN go so far.

I put this on my fridge a year ago because I needed to remind myself to EXERCISE! Well ... It still tells me to start walking slowly!! Soooo it's going to stay there! To conclude, as a teacher, I can also encourage you to take it step-by-step, go with your own rythm and NEVER QUIT!!! WHY??? Because you have done more than I,
 YOU HAVE already  STARTED towards your GOAL!! 
Keep up your good work!

LOVE YOU!
SUZANNE

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

You know Suzanne,
Your writing looks like Sophie Kinsella, the author of * Can you keep a secret? a novel that I'm reading slowly but regularly, taking time to search the signification of the word in the sentence or the collocation.
I enjoy read this author...She's funny like you without pretension.
Continue to share with us.....It's good for you and for us too.
See you tomorrow....with smile !!!

Suzanne said...

Thank you so vey much Jeanne for your comment.
This is the first time that my writing has been compared to a famous author ...AND I LIKE IT !!!
I'll have to look up this Sophie Kinsella now on Wikipedia ... and will surely try reading one of her books!
I also appreciatre that you ENJOY READING in English and my blog!!
WOO...whooo!!


Your very flattered teacher,
Suzanne
Here's a link for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Madeleine_Wickham.jpg