TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Saturday, October 30, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN !!!



                    Hellooooooooooooouuuu  ... to all of you! 

I hope that you had fun playing my Halloween password game this week, I did! Thanks to all of you for participating in my planned activities and encouraging and cheering on your teams!
     
So to the Spiders, “ BRAVO! 


There's nothing like trying and succeeding. As we usually say: «Winning isn't all it's cracked up to be». While participating and giving it all you can, doing your best sometimes brings a greater sense of accomplishment!
Hey! Try to introduce the words:
cauldron, warlock,
skeleton and sorcerer,
while having a conversation with an English speaking person
and you will "knock their socks off",
you will "blow them away".
That's the prize! ...
and a box of SMARTies as a reward!


So, enjoy Halloween with your loved ones and have a great time being there and for some of you, sharing your grandchildren's excitement. Maybe you can even go trick-or-treating with them.
BTW, on Sunday evening, if you see a red-headed and very fashionable witch at your door, that'll be me! The one with the HUGE bag for candies! Please be generous with your treats and forget the money! Give me some candy! 
Coz' I LOOOOOOOVE CHOCOLATE, 
my favourite food in all the world!




NEXT a few Hallowe'en JOKES and CARTOONS:



 Good Advice from the witch-doctor !!!


THEY have a REAL problem 
and YOU complain about your partner's snoring ...!






And, finally, a surprise:




2 comments:

Huguette said...

Hi Suzanne,

It's me again.
Is it you on the tree? It would be more kidding if the witch was red-headed? I can imagine you with your students flying in the sky but speaking in English... because to do learn English, all the means are good.
When I read you, I could see me in the last session. We have been the winners but it's not fair because we didn't have had the box of smarties.

It's just a joke ...

Happy Halloween

Suzanne said...

So Huguette!
Any means to learn English is OK!
Just like the saying goes:
The End justifies the means!

So reading my post brought back memories of last year's game. You know I've been playing this game with my students for years and years. And I always, every Halloween, enjoy myself! Especially all the different reactions that are triggered by the uncertainty and the performance anxiety!
But in the end all had fun! Especially if you let go of your fears and jump in!

No ... last year I came unprepared and hadn't bought the boxes of Smarties! Sorry! :(
So even if you were the winners, no candy but the honour of winning!

Bye|
Suzanne