TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Sunday, October 17, 2010

SUNFLOWERS... .................TOURNESOLS .......... which follow the sun!!!



What a great fall sunny day!
The perfect time to talk about 
SUNFLOWERS.
Thinking of the last summer flowers
my thoughts go to 
this amazing  flower head.
Click on the title 
and you can read some facts
about this amazing plant
of American origin.




When I see a sunflower my imagination automatically shifts to VINCENT VAN GOGH who painted a series of these flower heads, one in Paris but the most popular  while he was in the Provence region of southern France, in Arles.
I like to think that they are associated with fall. They seem to pop up everywhere, these days in all shapes and sizes. You see them in fields, in home gardens, in country and city markets. I personally thionk that they represent the more feminine side of the autumn harvest. If you consider all the root vegetables and the great pumpkin!! 
This fall while I was still at the summer cottage in September, I decided to pay hommage to this great flower and to Van Gogh. I created a flower arrangement which I named "The Last Bouquet".  I also took some photographs. 
                           These are what I wanted to share with you today!!






I cheated ... with the colors!!

I hope you enjoyed reading about the SUNFLOWER!
This winter when you are feeling the cold and the winter 'blues'
you can always nibble on some sunflower seeds!!!

Suzanne




2 comments:

Huguette said...

You must continue to cheat because the result is splendid. You are an artist.

Have a good night

Suzanne said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
And a good night to you too!

Suzanne