TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Friday, February 5, 2010

THE FUN THEORY ( Click on me!)

TGIF 
 Thank Goodness It's Friday!!!

 Boy 'o Boy! 
It's been quite a week! 
  Was it the influence of the full moon?
 Well it's over now and I must say, «I'M GLAD!» 
I learned a lot this week, all about human nature 
and my own as well. 
My lesson this week: Suzanne get organized. 
If you are, the others will follow.

Today I would like to introduce you to THE FUN THEORY. If you click on the title above, it will take you to this very special website. Where you will also find some great videos, one of them is Piano Stairs. They are there to entertain you but also to show you the results of  the theory! Observe people's reactions and their non-verbal 'language'. This site is dedicated to the thought that something as simple as FUN is the easiest way to change people's behaviour for the better. Be it for yourself, for the environment or for something entirely different (like learning English as a second language ESL). 


The only thing that matters is it's CHANGE for the better.
CHANGE being the key word here. 
Changing the way you think about things and yourself!
Changing your behaviour!
Changing your attitude!
Changing your life style!
Changing your attitude!
HOW DO THEY CREATE THIS CHANGE?
By making people AWARE.
Using FUN activities.


AWARENESS  =  CHANGE

I leave you with this reflexion for the week-end.
What are your beliefs about English?
What would you like to change about your perceptions of this language?

KEEP UP the good work!
And have a FUN week-end.

Suzanne





6 comments:

Huguette said...

Wow! It's funny. I'd like to try it. Is it just an Volkswagen experience? Today, can I take it?
I didn't find the answer but if I can take it,I am going to leave in Stockholm...
It's an excellent way to incite people to take stairs.

Have a nice weekend.

Suzanne said...

Huguette,
Did you find it FUNNY or FUN?

It started with Volkswagon but then moved on to other experiences. Or it could have been the opposite, I believe that the Company used them....
leave FOR Stockholm ...or
live in Stockhlm ??
THE EXPERIENCE :
It changes people habits by making it fun thus inciting people to take THE stairs.

Huguette said...

What difference are there between fun and funny? It's not the same thing.

Suzanne said...

FUN is when you have a feeling (interior) of joy, satisfaction, contentment, happiness.
ex; I had fun at the party. We danced a lot1

FUNNY comes from the exterior and triggers laughter, makes you LAUGH!
ex: Your joke was so funny! I laughed so hard that it hurt my tummy!

Unknown said...

Suzanne,
I saw the videos THE FUN THEORY and I loved this...thank you for that...

Suzanne said...

So you saw the video and enjoyed it!

Great!
Suzanne