TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Saturday, February 13, 2010

Why I fell IN LOVE with "The Alchimist" ...... 15 years ago ... and I am STILL "IN LOVE"



I love this book with all my heart!
C'est mon coup de coeur (pour toujours)!

My favorite book, The Alchemist, by one of my favorite writers, Paulo Coelhois a wonderful FABLE about following your dreams.  I give it as a gift whenever possible.  The gift I am sharing with you today!

MY FAVORITE QUOTES 

“ ... , when you want something, 
all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
When you want something with all your heart, 
that’s when you are closest to the Soul of the World. 
It’s always a positive force.”

“When we strive to become better than we are, 
everything around us becomes better too.”

“When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. 
When you are loved, there’s no need at all 
to understand what’s happening, 
because everything happens within you.”

And my favorite one:

Remember that wherever your heart is, 
there you will find your treasure.”


I like to say that this book FOUND ME at a very important part of my life when I was in a crucial and transitional moment, at a crossroads! Because it is inspirational in its WORDS and because it is a FABLE, it becomes YOURS TO INTERPRET. This is the 'beauty' of the writing. The story continues to inspire me today because it is also about the journey of discovery! And it is never over!

2 comments:

Huguette said...

I don't have the favorite quotes in English but in French my favorite is
On ne voit bien qu'avec les yeux du coeur.
On est responsable de ce que l'on a apprivoisé.
The sentences come the book Le petit prince of St-Exupéry...

Suzanne said...

I understand that you don't have a favorite quote in English, one day you may find one. OR just translate the ones that you wrote. And you will find it oneright here!