TO ALL MY ESL STUDENTS and TODAY, to YOU, someone NEW! !

You are all invited to join in and be pro-active! This blog also belongs to you.

Here are some of the ways you can participate:

* COMMENT (even if you make mistakes) C'est pas grave!
You will get better and better! You cannot GO BACK!
PLEASE leave a COMMENT (click on comment at the bottom of post and follow instructions)

* SHARE INFORMATION with your classmates, they will surely appreciate your findings:
New ESL sites, stories, anecdotes, jokes, games ...
* WRITE what's on your mind! How you feel about your learning process.
You are not alone! Group 'therapy'!!!

HAVE a dose of FUN!!!
* LET me KNOW that you are there to encourage... ME TOO (inside joke)!

LISTEN to this INTRODUCTION VIDEO:

NOTE TO THE READER:
- CLICK on Ctrl and +++ to enlarge TEXT
- anything UNDERLINED ia a link to click on



Saturday, February 13, 2010

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE "LOVE SONG" ?

SHARE SOME LOVE ...
and tell me: What is your favorite LOVE song. HERE'S my English one and to listen to Céline Dion interpret it , click on title of this message. 
"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"                                                                           
 The first time ever I saw your face face




I thought the sun rose in your eyes
And the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave
To the dark and the empty skies my love

The first time ever I kissed your mouth
I felt the earth move through my hand
Like the trembling heart of a captive bird
That was there at my command my love

The first time ever I lay with you
And felt your heart so close to mine
The first time ever I saw your face


* Ma chanson préférée IN FRENCH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13ougUl-Gp0

** Received a comment from Louise M. this is her favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8QwHQJv9yc&NR=1 (copier/coller)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I heard one of my favorite love song in my car a couple of days ago... I almost cry sitting alone waiting for the song to end! While I was listening to it, I was thinking about my 14 years old girl. I love songs that are melancolic (?). I think there is a lot of humanity in that one.
Here are some links where you can listen that little masterpiece:

James Taylor with his hair:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kkPeEGlJgY

James Taylor without his hair:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wftbahypdAA&NR=1

A practice-your-pronounciation-with-glasses-and-hat version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6eNvKgcZso

A beautiful version, a beautiful young male voice AND THE LYRICS!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n1AMLloRyI&NR=1

Song in Africa... with children, guitars and goods feelings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8QwHQJv9yc&NR=1

Francis Cabrel wrote : "Love is everywhere you're looking"

Love to everybody
and especially to Suzanne

Your blog is great!
It's the firs time I participate in English... Is it very bad?

Ciao!

Louise M.

Suzanne said...

Dear Louise M.!
I'm so excited about you sharing!
You are the very first 'anonymous' person to respond!
What a great gift you have just given me! Thanks a lot!
I can see that you are a very generous person as well. That you almost cried also says a lot about as a mom of a 14 year-old daughter.

Thanks also for mentioning Francis Cabrel!
I think he's a kind of man that every woman dreams about ... Je l'aime à mourir!

I will use your links to listen to what you consider as masterpieces.

Good on you, Louise for participating especially in English which is pretty good in my book!

What I appreciate the most is the TIME you took.

Thanks again!
You made my day!

Suzanne
The word is melancholic.

Huguette said...

There are too love song and singers to choose one.
I take avantage of agreement (music, lyrics and singer which put together give me a real good feeling.
For example:
J.P. Ferland and Ginette Reno in T'es mon amour...
I will always love you by Whitney Houston in Bodyguard

Suzanne said...

It's hard for you to choose a (one) favorite. So you chose a duet!
And two favorite songs, one in French and one in English.
I think ... if I understood your idea, which I'm not sure this time!

Huguette said...

I wanted to say you that the choice of my favorite love song depend how I feel.

Suzanne said...

So you WANTED TO SAY TO ME that your choice dependS on how you are feeling.

Can you name them: like: melancholic,......